Uploadia by MJR - Installation Guide
IBMi operating System V7R1M0 and greater
IBM technology for Java version 8 (License feature 5770JV1 17 Java SE 8 64 bit)
- Download the zip file from the download link sent via email.
- Extract the contents of the zip file . The zip file contains 2 save files
- Start a telnet session using Systemi Navigator. Signon using a user profile that has all object authority.
- Create 2 save files in schema QGPL using the following i5 OS commands
- CRTSAVF QGPL/MJREXCUP1
- CRTSAVF QGPL/MJREXCUP2
- Use FTP to transfer the extracted save files from the PC to the IBMi
- Open a DOS prompt
- change directory to the relevant windows folder that has extracted save files. This by default will be your downloads directory
- Issue the following commands
- ftp <IBMi> (IBMi = host name of your IBMi)
- Enter an IBMi user
- Enter the users password
- quote site namefmt 0
- put mjrexcup1.savf qgpl/MJREXCUP1
- put mjrexcup2.savf qgpl/MJREXCUP2
- Issue the following commands from an IBMi telnet session
- RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB/MJREXCUP1.FILE') OBJ(('/MJREXCUPD')) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
- RSTLIB SAVLIB(MJREXCUPD) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/MJREXCUP2)
- Download your license jar from the link sent to you via email.
- Use iSeries Navigator to copy your license jar to the following IFS folder on your IBMi
Testing the tool
The Uploadia by MJR app runs in its own sub-system (MJREXCUPD) on the IBMi. Use the following commands to manage this subsystem
- Start: STRSBS MJREXCUPD/MJREXCUPD (Note the sub system will start up in about a minute and you will see a momentary spike in CPU utilisation)
- End: CALL MJREXCUPD/ENDMJREXC
The tool has been tested with Google Chrome and Firefox.
Launch any one of these browsers and enter the following URL
- http://<Fully Qualified Domain Name of IBMi>:10080/mjraber-cloud-upload
You will be prompted with a login page. This completes the installation.